ILIULIUK FAMILY AND HEALTH SERVICES, INC.
JOB TITLE: IFHS/APIA Integrated Behavioral Health Provider
FLSA Job Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Scale: DOEDepartment: Behavioral Health
Supervisor: IFHS Administration/APIA Behavioral Health Clinical Supervisor
I. JOB SUMMARY
Unique opportunity to integrate social services and psychological services in a primary care setting. This position will implement screening, brief interventions, and refer to treatment practices. Motivational interviewing to support patients in their goals to move to their desired level of care. Central to linking patients to behavioral health and substance abuse services. Assist medical staff when mental or behavioral health needs arise (this can include services in the clinic or emergency care room). Case management and timely documentation in an electronic health record is required.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Responsible for linking patients to mental and/or behavioral health services.
2. Complete screening, brief intervention, and refer to treatment (SBIRT) procedures in the clinic.
3. Work collaboratively with IFHS and APIA staff. This includes attending required meeting for both agencies.
4. Must complete all required documentation. This includes charting for patients seen and programmatic documentation.
5. Assist with outreach events and activities.
6. Attend needed trainings (e.g., Motivational Interviewing, Health Psychology, ASAM levels).
III. SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: To be performed 100% of the time.
1. Maintain confidentiality concerning client, co-workers, and program matters.
2. Abide by the IFHS and APIA Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual as established by the Board of Directors.
3. Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned or required by supervisor.
4. Must demonstrate maturity, dependability, good judgment, sensitivity, and empathy in performance of assigned duties.
5. Must be neat in personal appearance and attire.
6. Must be punctual.
7. Must have the ability to establish and maintain a professional business relationship with co-workers, clients, and outside agencies.
10. Will comply with federal laws and regulations as required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996. (HIPAA compliance form for signature attached).
1. Must have a four-year degree in social work, psychology, or related field. Prefer a master’s degree in clinical social work, psychology, health psychology, or related field.
2. Preferred professional licensure in the state of Alaska (e.g., LCSW, LPC, CDC, etc.)
3. Knowledge of federal confidentiality regulations and requirements.
4. Ability to remain calm when dealing with clients who display disagreeable behaviors.
5. Must have a valid Alaska Driver’s License.
6. Good working knowledge of English grammar, sentence structure, and punctuation. Documenting services provided is required.
7. No outstanding history of substance abuse related problems.
8. Ability to follow through on assigned tasks.
9. Interest and knowledge of the rural and Alaska Native lifestyle and culture.
10. Much be able to work with diverse clientele.
NOTE: A completed application form is required and must be submitted along with the resume.
Benefits include medical insurance, paid time off, employee discount, 403 contribution, paid holidays.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please download the application form, and upload and submit your application online. You may also submit your application in person, or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.