Reports to: Director of Clinical Services
Location: Unalaska, Alaska
Status: Full Time Non-Exempt
Pay: $16 or DOE
Under the direct supervision of the IFHS Lab and X-Ray Supervisor. The Lab and X-Ray Technician is responsible for performing in-house lab tests, processing specimens for contract outside laboratory, and performing radiographic procedures as ordered by authorized physicians and mid level providers In addition, the Lab and X-Ray Technician is responsible for providing all duties in accordance with applicable federal and state laws and IFHS laboratory procedures and practicing workplace safety guidelines, infection control, quality control, CLIA guidelines, and Joint Commission guidelines per procedures as directed. Must provide courteous customer service to patients and work collaboratively with co-workers, providers, and other clinic staff. Must process all orders and document in-house test results accurately through the electronic medical record
1. Follow the Lab and X-ray Policy and Procedure Manuals.
2. Follow all CLIA regulations and pass proficiency tests as required by CLIA.
3. Use PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) appropriately: to include gloves, mask, gown and shoe covers. Training will be provided in PPE use.
4. Collect all lab tests as ordered and do in-house labs in a timely manner.
5. Maintain all lab machinery and equipment as required.
6. Maintain all lab records and files.
7. Access outside lab’s test results on-line.
8. File all test results in a timely manner.
9. Notify the Lab/Xray Manager or Director of Clinical Services of any equipment failures or needs.
10 .Take all x-rays and make x-ray copies in a timely manner as ordered.
11. Send teleradiology and telemedicine films in a timely manner as ordered.
12. Maintain all x-ray records and files including patient file folders, daily log sheet, send out log, teleradiology log, and the maintenance log.
13. Change out x-ray badges and issue new ones when they arrive in the mail.
14. Maintain and clean all x-ray machinery and equipment as required.
15. Do other duties as assigned by Director of Clinical Services or Executive Director.
Benefits include medical insurance, paid time off, employee discount, 403 contribution, paid holidays.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please download the application form, and upload and submit you application online. You may also submit your application in person, or through email at email@example.com.