Reports to: Director of Clinical Services
Location: Unalaska, Alaska
Status: Full Time Non-Exempt
The Emergency Medical Technician performs delegated clinical and administrative duties providing direct support to primary care providers and some direct care to patients. Work in partnership with other team members to provide highest medical care.
Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism and ability to maintain client confidentiality. Values continuous learning and seeks ongoing training and development. Values team work, flexibility and adaptability; embraces change, and models diversity awareness.
1. Screen patients with short histories and vital signs
2. Perform first aid and CPR as indicated, maintaining a current CPR card.
3. Prepare patients for procedures
4. Assist Practitioner with procedures as directed
5. Perform procedures outlined in competency evaluation.
6. Follow aseptic technique and infection control
7. Prepare and administer medications as ordered by a Practitioner after being checked off to do so.
8. Use PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) appropriately: to include gloves, mask, gown and shoe covers. Training will be given in PPE use.
9. Do other duties as assigned by supervisor, the Director of Clinical Services, or the Executive Director.
Benefits include medical insurance, paid time off, employee discount, 403 contribution, paid holidays.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please download the application form, and upload and submit you application online. You may also submit your application in person, or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.